Wed, Apr 13|
Destress + Reset Wednesdays
Mid week reset, join me for this mindful breathing and meditation practice
Time & Location
Apr 13, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the Event
After your day is through, slap on your headphones and jump on a call with me. Lay back and relax as we go through a 30m guided Soma Breath meditation to help us Destress + Reset.
You will release tension from the body, boost your mood, and enjoy a super-effective breathwork meditation.
This meditation will improve your oxygen efficiency, meaning you need to breathe less to create the same amount of energy.
Lower breathing rates are associated with longer life spans. This is the foundation of SOMA Breath.
Anyone can take part in the Energised Meditation Routine – if you can breathe you can do it!
- Improves CO2 tolerance and nitric oxide production.
- Improves oxygenation of tissue cells.
- Reduces tension.
- Trains oxygen efficiency.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Trains concentration and meditation.
- Stimulates both hemispheres of the brain.
- Stimulates neurogenesis and ‘brain change’.
Intermittent Hypoxic Training, and therefore breath holding to create brief intermittent hypoxia as guided in SOMA Breath, should NOT be practised in the case of any of the following:
- Severe/critical diseases or infections
- COPD-II and COPD-III
- Organ failure or late-stage terminal illness
- Cancer (Exception: your doctor gives you specific permission)
- If you have epilepsy, a pacemaker, or irregular heart beat (Exception: your doctor gives you specific permission).
What if I am a person with any of the contraindications?
You will still gain enormous benefits from this course. The rhythmic breathing and visualisation techniques will help you tremendously.
Simply stay away from the breath retentions unless you are supervised by your health professional.
***DO NOT practice this in water nor while driving or operating any kind of machinery.
Note: It may aggravate Tinnitus however if you breathe softly, this shouldn't be an issue.
First Timers and Fixed Income